Dancing and your inner Goddess

Dancing and your inner Goddess


I've been thinking about the second chakra lately and how this relates to our own personal power. This is following on really from my previous talk on storing old energy in the hip joints and tissues. This area is also known as the Hara centre. The seat of our power.

Tools such as yoga/dance/mediation/acupuncture can help to restore balance in this centre. Our social conditioning can throw it off balance. For example, we can learn when we are young that our own needs are not important and we should put others before ourselves. This pattern sets us up for illness as day to day we would react from our learnt behaviours to respond in a way that to pleases other people at the detriment of our own health. It was like a light bulb for me when I read Bethany Webster's articles on http://www.womboflight.com/ . She talks about how we unconsciously choose to remain powerless in order to be loved. Its  a wound carried through many generations.

I've noticed this pattern of giving my personal power away in my own life. I've had big issues with boundaries in the past and still have some today. I've been trying to work on this. I also notice this area (just below the naval) clamps up when I feel someone is crossing my boundaries. I've really had to meditate deep to find where this pattern comes from.

Kundalini yoga is an excellent way to transform this area. There are sets of exercises (Kriyas)  specifically for this area. There is an exercise called Sat Kriya whereby you use a powerful naval pumping technique with a mantra. It takes some commitment and stamina to build this up but it's so worth it. http://www.spiritrisingyoga.org/kundalini-info/sat-kriya.




Another way of connecting to your inner power is belly dancing. I have recently fell in love with this. The drum beats and the hips movements takes me to some ancient lands far away. Its so nurturing to be in a circle of women expressing ourselves and breaking down our barriers.

We twirl around using silk veils and coin belts that shimmer and jingle. The inner child is so loving this. Its making me stand more proud too. All the insecurities from being tall are right there in front of the mirror of the studio. My posture is definitely changing for the better.




For anyone interested in taking this up. There are wonderful tutorials on www.daturaonline.com. You can rent their videos and some free stuff too.

Happy twirling and shimmying everyone :).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are you holding in the hips?

How Yoga helps with acceptance of my height